Cancer which is popular as malignant tumor or malignant neoplasm in the medical terminology is a collection of diseases. Whatever the cancer may be, it is the result of abnormal growth of cells in some parts of the body. In 2012 alone, more than eight million people died because of cancer. Some foods help in preventing the abnormal growth of skin cells and if they are included in your diet regularly, you won’t suffer from cancer for sure.
- Grapefruit: Vitamin C present in it prevents the formation of nitrogen based compounds which can trigger cancer cell growth in our body. It also helps in improving the overall immunity of our body.
- Peanuts and Peanut Butter: Vitamin E present in it helps in preventing stomach, colon, lung and liver cancers. Almonds, almond butter and sunflower seeds are also rich in Vitamin E and they help in keeping the body cell defense systems strong.
- Berries: Raspberries, blueberries and cranberries are veryhelpful in preventing the cancer cells from growing. Even researchers proved that pterostilbene present in berries is very effective in treatment of cancer.
- Sweet Potatoes: Beta-carotene present in sweet potatoes is very helpful in reducing lung, colon, and stomach cancers. Carotene, folate, vitamin C and fiber present in sweet potatoes can also benefit immensely.
- Wild Salmon: Lack of Vitamin D can also result in cancers. By including proper quantities of vitamin D rich foods like wild salmon and dairy products in your diet, you can reduce the risk of several cancers.
- Ground Flaxseed: Omega-3 fatty acids disrupt the process of cancer cell growth and several theories explained the effect of omega 3 fatty acids on cellular mutations. Mixing flaxseed into curd or smoothies increases its efficiency further.
- Turmeric: It is being used as herbal medicine in India from long back. Though it is known for its strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, researchers recently proved that the active ingredient (Curcumin) present in it reduces the risks of cancer.
- Tea: Green Tea also contains some cancer preventive agents. Those who drink tea regularly have lower risk of breast, ovarian and prostate cancers.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: It is better to eat plant based foods compared to ready to eat packed foods. The preservatives and added sugar can trigger cancer cell growth whereas phytonutrients present in vegetables decreases the risks of cancer.
- Pomegranates: Ellagic acid present in pomegranates inhibits the cancer cell growth.Incorporate pomegranate seeds into your diet to reduce the risk of cancer.
Now, people started to realize the effects of healthy diet. Increased technology created the required awareness and people are slowly inclining towards naturally available vegetables and fruits. This trend is not confined to developed countries only as people from the under developed and developing countries also realized the benefits of healthy diet. Healthy diet not only solves the problems of hunger but also prevents several malnutrition based disorders.
Healthy diet – Important tips
- Try to include variety of foods into your diet.
- Balance proteins/minerals/ micro-nutrients well.
- Including whole grains in your diet help in multiple ways.
- Refined grains, sugar etc. usage has tobe limited.
- Instead of meat, chicken and beef; prefer fish and nuts.
- Reduce the animal fat in yourdiet to the maximum extent possible.
- Decrease the quantity of sodium and increase potassium and other micro nutrients.
- Keep an eye on fatty foods and prefer naturally available food items.
- Watch out liquid beverages that are rich in calories.
Effects of drinking alcohol of health
- If you continuously drink for years, your red blood cells count drops significantly and its oxygen carrying ability decreases drastically. This results in anemia.
- Several researches proved that alcohol consumption increases the risk s of cancer. Our body converts alcohol into acetaldehyde which is a carcinogen. Mouth, pharynx (throat), liver cancers are commonly seen in alcoholic addicts and the risk of getting cancer increases if the person is using tobacco products along with alcohol.
- Drinking alcohol continuously for yearscan lead to cardiomyopathy. It is a deadly medical condition in which heart muscles become weak and fails to deliver its normal functionalities. This finally results in abnormal functioning of heart and triggers stroke.
- Heavy alcohol consumption can have serious effects on nerve system also as it increases the plasma levels of the homocysteine (toxic amino acid).
- Excessive alcohol consumption can have serious effects on your memory also. Alcoholic addicts usually forget to do simple tasks like locking the door, switching off the lights etc. They are more prone to Alzheimer’s disease which is commonly seen in elderly.
- Chronic use of alcohol can lead to insomnia. Frequent awakenings in the middle of sleep, diaphoresis can also be observed in alcoholic addicts.
- Chronic consumption of alcohol can lead to of major depressive disorder. This can even trigger suicidal tendencies and the latest surveys also prove the same. More than one third of suicides under thirty five years of age are due to alcoholic or other substances misuse.
Those who are undergoing psoriasis treatment might have already realized the fact that there is no 100% cure for psoriasis. Even doctors who are giving treatment for psoriasis areonly trying to control the disease and they are preventing the spread of this disease. Everyone must realize that it is not a contagious disease but a frustrating disease.
- Though the reasons for effects of gluten free diet on psoriasis patients are not yet known, many studies proved the positive effects of gluten free diet in psoriasis patients. In some studies more than 73% of psoriasis patients responded positively for gluten free diet. Gluten free diet is proved to be effective in case of celiac disease also. So, it is better to avoid foods contain gluten like wheat, barley and rye if you are suffering from psoriasis.
- Vitamin B12 can have positive impact on psoriasis patients. Omega 3 fatty acids found in items like fish are helpful in reducing the inflammation sensation.
- According to some medical experts, Vitamin D can increase the chances of psoriatic arthritis. It is better to regulate the intake of Vitamin D if you are suffering from Psoriasis.
- It is better to include antioxidant rich food items like ginger and garlic in your diet. Even turmeric which is a natural antioxidant is proved to be effective.
- Along with diet changes, one must follow some life style changes to get quick and effective results.
- Those who are suffering from psoriasis must realize the fact that it is a lifelong disease. You can’t completely cure it but can surely prevent it from becoming worse.
- Stress and depression alone can’t trigger psoriasis (based on medical researchers till now) but they can increase psoriasis.
- Be in touch with support groups. There are even dedicated online forums for psoriasis patients and joining in those forums, groups will surely help you in coping better.
- Healthy lifestyle can give you the required confidence to cope up with this disease.
- Some over the counter medicines can trigger psoriasis and it is always better to consult the doctor immediately in you are suffering from psoriasis.
- Medical experts proved genetic or heredity connection in psoriasis patients. If one of your parents is suffering from psoriasis; you have 25% more chances of getting this disease. If both your parents are suffering from psoriasis, the chances increase by 70%.
- Environmental factors can also trigger psoriasis. Other factors include but not limited to pollution, radiation, over exposure to UV radiation, frequent sunbaths etc.
Hemorrhoid is a painful medical condition in which the patients suffer while passing stools. If the disease is in the advanced stages, patients even face difficulties to sit also. The pain caused by the swollen blood vessels in the anal rectum is inexpressible in words. The main reason for hemorrhoid is excess pressure created in the abdominal or pelvic area. Patients who are suffering from gruesome looking asteroid-like bumps in their anal region not only face physical problems but also mental trauma. According to the official estimates, the number of people suffering from hemorrhoids in USA alone is close to 10 million and the number is very high in the unofficial estimates.
Those who are undergoing treatment for hemorrhoids must follow some diet changes to get quick an effective results.
- Even doctors recommend increased intake of fibered in the treatment process. Whole grain foods like bran cereals and fruits like apples, raisins, prunes, strawberries, blueberries etc. are rich in fiber.
- Note that problems related to digestive tract can also lead to piles. That’s the reason why doctors usually recommended easily digestible foods while undergoing piles treatment.
- Red and processed meat should be avoided. It is better to reduce spices (esp. chilies) in your diet.
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, cabbage and Brussels are easy to digest and are rich in antioxidants also.
- If you want to drink juices, make it fresh and don’t use preservatives or sugar.
- Prune and carrot juice is proved to be effective for piles. If you don’t have any problems with radish, you can even take radish juice also but in limited quantity.
- Those who are obese and/or suffering from overweight problems are more prone to hemorrhoid when compared to others.
- Keep your feet in an elevated position while passing stools. You can use a simple step stool for this purpose. This helps in easy passage of stools by changing the position of rectum.
- Several over the counter drugs are available for hemorrhoid patients. Hazel infused pads and soothing creams are proved to be effective in most of the cases. But it is better to consult your doctor once before using any of these products.
- Avoid lifting heaving objects.
- Sitz baths are proved to be effective but use lukewarm water for effective results.
- Using dry toilet paper can increase pain and don’t prefer perfume or alcohol based toilet papers. Rinsing off with water is also a good idea.
Vertigo is a special dizziness condition in which the patient feels that the world around him is spinning. This perception of motion is usually caused by the changes in the vestibular system. In some patients along with balance disorder, nausea and vomiting sensation can also be observed. Vertigo is generally classified into three types based on the experience of the patients. In the first type i.e.Objective vertigo patient feels that the surroundings are moving. The second one is Subjective vertigo and in this condition patient feels that he or she is moving. The third type is Pseudo vertigo and in this type, a spinning sensation inside patients head can be observed.
In some patients,vertigo symptoms last for few minutes whereas in some patients they can be seen for hours. In some cases, head trauma or whiplash injury can also cause vertigo and if you had any experiences of such kind in the past, it is important to let the doctor know about the same. Those who are undergoing vertigo treatment must also follow some lifestyle and diet changes so that the treatment becomes effective.
- Vitamin D is proved to be helpful in the vertigo treatment. So, include foods rich in vitamin D in your diet.
- It is better to reduce salt intake in your diet.
- Drink plenty of fluids especially water.
- Foods with high sugar content should be avoided as they can create fluctuations in blood sugar levels.
- Sodium increases Blood Pressure and it is better toopt for low-sodium diet if you are suffering from vertigo.
- Garlic, chilies and ginger are used in the herbal treatment procedures of vertigo and including them in your diet will surely help in treating vertigo.
- One must note here that it is better to consult the doctor before making any changes in your diet habits.
Lifestyle changes for Vertigo patients
- Modified Epley maneuver is very popular among vertigo patients. This physical therapy involves head and body movements and any one can practice this at home.
- Though there are no scientific or medical reports to prove that Acupuncture is effective in treatment of vertigo, most of the patients who are undergoing acupuncture treatment for vertigo responded positively.
- Tobacco, caffeine and alcohol effect the blood circulation of the body. So, it is better to avoid these substances in your diet.
- Those who are suffering from vertigo may lose balance and fall frequently. Precautions must be taken to prevent further injuries.
- BP, diabetes and cholesterol must be kept in control.
The number of patients suffering from eczema globally is more than 230 million. Even doctors and medical experts failed to know the exact reasons that cause eczema. However most of the dermatologists are in the opinion that genetic and environmental factors cause Eczema. Red colored rashes and blisters are common and itching sensation will be there. Those who are undergoing treatment for Eczema must change their diet plan to get quick or effective results.
Foods to be included
If you are suffering from Eczema, you must include some foods that are helpful in treating eczema in your diet. Proper diet changes can help in Eczema treatment for sure.
- Banana: Contains potassium, magnesium and vitamin C.
- Beef and chicken broth: contains Glycine (an amino acid) which helps in skin cells repair.
- Potato: Rich in fiber and potassium.
- Green onions: The anti-inflammatory quercetin present in it reduces the inflammation sensation and the vitamin K present in it ensures healthy skin.
- Buckwheat: Gluten-free and contains quercetin to lower histamine and has strong anti-inflammatory effect.
- Rice milk: Low allergy and low in chemicals and considered safe to be used by eczema patients.
- Mung bean: Sprouts of these beans acts as alkalizing food.
- Along with these foods, try to include fish, beans, vegetables and fruits in your diet.
Foods to be avoided
- Some foods are known as eczema triggers. If you are suffering from Eczema you should avoid such foods.
- Eczema patients who eat chocolate regularly take more time to heal when compared to others.
- Quit smoking and drinking. It is better if you can avoid beverages containing artificial synthesizers and caffeine.
- Eczema triggers can cause more damage in children when compared to youngsters and teenagers.
- Foods having excess amount of spices and salt increases inflammation and itching sensation and it is better to avoid such foods.
Other Lifestyle changes
- Applying moisturizing agents regularly will help in preventing the skin from becoming dry. Oil based moisturizers are proved to be effective when compared to water based formulations.
- Applying sun screen lotions having minimum SPF 30 prevents sun burns and other skin problems.
- No much evidence is there to support Light-therapy or phototherapy in eczema treatment. However exposure to UVA and UVB bands for prolonged periods lead to skin cancer.
- Along with diet changes, one must also follow some dressing chances. Prefer loose dresses so that the effected region can get proper ventilation and airflow.
- Stress can also increase Eczema chances and if you are under immense stress, all the treatment methods become ineffective.
Shingles is caused by Herpes Zoster virus and the same virus also causes chicken pox. According to medical researchers, those who had suffered from chicken pox in the earlier stages of life (esp. in childhood) are more prone to shingles in their elder stages when compared to others. The red rashes usually get converted into blisters causing lot of pain. Itching sensation will get increased once the blisters become dry. Those who are undergoing shingles treatment must follow some lifestyle and diet changes to heal this disease quickly. Herpes Zoster is an opportunistic virus which strikes whenever the immune system of body gets decreased. Proper diet ensures to increase your immunity levels.
- Include fruits and vegetables in your diet. This will ensure in fulfilling the micronutrient requirements which are very much essential in treating shingles effectively.
- It is important to include Vitamin B6 in your diet. Potatoes, bananas and nuts are rich in Vitamin B6 and Vitamin B6 benefits the nerves.
- Garlic is a rich source of antioxidants and is an antibiotic. Garlic helps in healing the blisters faster.
- Lysine is an amino acid which can control the growth of Herpes zoster virus. It is abundantly available in red meat, dairy products and beans.
- Drink lots of water.
Foods to be avoided:
- Some foods can trigger growth of Herpes Zoster and it is better to avoid such foods in you are undergoing shingles treatment.
- Foods containing arginine (an amino acid) help virus to replicate. Some of the items that contain arginine are chocolate, gelatin etc.
- Foods rich in carbohydrates like white bread and rice or rice flour should be taken in limited quantities.
- Foods containing highly saturated fats should be avoided.
- Alcohol, beverages having caffeine should be avoided.
- Ready to eat packed food items and junk foods needs to be avoided. These foods require more energy to digest.
- Breakfast: Eggs should be included in your breakfast. Eggs are rich source for vitamins B12 and B6. Wheat bread and fresh juice/ fruit salad is an ideal breakfast for shingles patients.
- Lunch: High protein food should be included in lunch. Fish, seaweed, fruits and vegetable quantities should be increased in lunch.
- Snacks: Nuts and a glass of milk can be an ideal choice as snack items if you are suffering from shingles.
- Dinner: It is better to include citrus fruit, carrots and green leafy vegetables in dinner.
The South Beach diet plan was introduced in 2003 by Arthur Agaston. This diet plan was named as South Beach because it was named on glamorous south beach of Miami. Ultimately this is a low carb diet plan, but it was little modified by Arthur that’s why it has become famous with the name south beach. Usually people follow diet plan to reduce extra fat of their body, but this low carb diet plan works in two ways. In other words we can also call it low carb and high protein diet plan. It contains protein foodstuff in larger quantity, which are also low in carbohydrate. Thus it supports to good looks, fit personality and attractive looks.
It works faster than other diet plans
If you want to follow a diet plan, you can find out many diets online. There are multiple diets, which can meet your demand, but south beach diet plan works faster than others. If you will check this low carb diet plan, you will find that it has many health promoting nutrients. Additionally this diet plan includes foodstuffs, which support us for quick weight loss. If you want to reduce fat and at the same time want to gain muscles, then it is a perfect diet plan for you. People who follow this diet plan, they never strictly follow low carb diet, but get fit quickly.
Why should one follow this diet plan?
There are many important reasons for which you must follow this diet plan. First and a pleasing reason is, you will eat different kind’s meals in various different amounts. It will simply provide you a guidance in which you will not need to count the amount of carbs. Well, this diet plan also includes certain types of carbs in limited amount, which lead us for quick weight loss process. In this low carb diet plan you will enjoy eating your favorite food, but also get its benefits in terms of weight loss.
One of the most significant benefits of following south beach diet plan is change in overall eating habits. It will contain high protein meals, like meats, dairy products and several other things, which will make you, feel full for longer time. This low carb diet plan is not a very difficult diet plan that’s why you can keep following it for whole life. In this diet plan you will get certain easy recopies and healthy cuisines to cook at home. Those cuisines will be healthy plus delicious also.
There are many dog owners, who do not care about their dog’s protein needs. Well, this is important to understand that dogs also need sufficient amount of protein to be healthy. High protein diet plan for dog can be very helpful because of which they gain enough nutrients to be healthy. There are multiple foods, which contain good quantity of protein. If you have a dog in your home and you are worried about its health, simply get details on high protein diet. For sure, thus you can prevent your dog from many diseases (like diabetes) and kidney failure also.
Benefits of protein diet for dogs
As protein is essential for humans, similarly it is also very essential for dog’s good health. High protein diet plan of dogs help them in quick and effective growth. Along with that the body structure of dogs takes quick and good shape because of regular intake of proteins. You would probably not love to see that your dog is looking skinny or malnourished. High protein diet helps dogs in gaining good fat. People usually feed high carb diets, which create issues for dogs. Usually dogs are omnivorous, so you can feed them animal protein or vegetable proteins also.
Kidney failure in dogs
A lot of dog owners ignore the kidney failure problem in their dogs. Many times it has seen that dog owners do not know how to recognize that their dog is suffering from kidney disease and that’s why they ignore it. The simplest way of recognizing that your dog is facing kidney problem is checking that your dog drinks less water and urinates more. In starting it seems common issue, but after some days dog’s health also decreases. It happens because of irregular diet of the dogs. Dog owners should feed them high protein diet plan to reduce chances of facing kidney problems.
Every dog needs protein according to its age. For puppies 22-32% amount of protein should be in their meal. It helps them in good progress and if you have a puppy, you should include this amount of protein in their food. If your dog is an adult dog and it is also a performance dog, then you must provide it diet of 25-35% protein. Such high protein diet plan can help your buddies in being fit for all time. There will be no health issues regarding kidney or other things because protein diets come with other nutrients also, which prevent dogs from diseases.
Whenever people listen about cholesterol, they simply get worried about their health. It is really weird because people think cholesterol is not good for our health. Well, if you don’t know, then you must understand that cholesterol is a part of our body. Without cholesterol even you cannot exist because it is simply a type of fat. This element is utilized in preparing cells in our body. There are two types of cholesterols, HDL and LDL in which HDL is good for us. If your body will gain excessive amount of LDL cholesterol, then you will be in problem. In such situations you will need to follow low fat diet. LDL cholesterol is also good, but only when it is in limited quantity in our body.
Avoid red meat and eat lean meat
There are many myths, like high protein food is good for reducing extra fat of our body. Well, it is true, but you should strictly avoid eating red meat of beef and steak. Red meat simply enhances level of bad cholesterol in our body and later we face bad consequences of it. What you should eat is lean meat, like chicken and turkey which are great in taste and healthy also. Lean meat can be an integral part of your low fat diet. It will never cause you any problem related to fat and you will have a healthy lifestyle for long time.
Prefer fresh vegetables and fruits
People, who want to follow low fat diet, they must depend upon fresh vegetables and fruits as much as possible. Fresh fruits and vegetables are great source of essential vitamins and minerals, which is also part of diabetic diet. You can complete your body’s vitamin demand by eating oranges, lemons and other fruits. They all are rich in vitamins. Vegetables include many essential minerals in our body to keep us fit and fine.
Eat low fat dairy products
It is obvious that people fee fear to eat dairy products, when they get cholesterol problem. Well, there is no need to afraid of dairy products because there are many low fat dairy products. You can include those dairy products in your daily meal. People also say that high protein intake prevent body’s cholesterol till good extent. This kind of statement is nothing more than myth, so you should prefer only low fat meals in your low fat diet. Such meals will prevent you from adverse effects of fat and provide you good resistance against cholesterol related problems.